Grabit, Inc. (www.grabitinc.com) Grabit is a technology company solving automation challenges in manufacturing and warehouse logistics with proprietary electroadhesion technology.
Material handling is the primary challenge in automation. Traditional robotic systems have difficulty handling flexible materials, random shaped items, fabrics, and pre-installed systems. Grabit’s proprietary electroadhesion technology can handle virtually all types of material and enables robotic automation solutions. Grabit provides complete automation solutions leveraging robotic motion, vision sytems, robot operating systems, electroadhesion and more.
Grabit’s customers include Fortune 500 companies in a wide range of industries in manufacturing and warehouse logistics.
The successful candidate will develop software to control robotic assembly platforms comprising a high-speed assembly robot; multi-zone electro-adhesion tool; tool controller; robot guidance; inspection vision; man-machine interface with augmented reality; computer-aided manufacturing interface and web services. As part of a cross-functional team based in Sunnyvale and in China, the successful candidate will develop and deliver embedded code on a rapid timeline to deploy the platform at key customer sites.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who is able bridge the C/C++ programming divide between Windows and Ubuntu Linux. The successful candidate will have a track record demonstrating an ability to develop industrial strength, embedded, automation solutions in a lean development environment. Additionally, he/she needs to flexible to adapt to dynamic conditions and meet evolving product requirements.
The candidate must have 5-7 years of experience as a developer with a skill set comprising:
- Experience programming with ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Program with ROS both in C++ and Python
- Experience creating C/C++ programs in both Windows and Linux.
- Experience configuring a Linux Operating System (Ubuntu)
- C++ Eclipse for Ubuntu is a plus.
- Ability to take sizable recorded data sets (log files) and generate routines to parse and find key events/performance metrics.
- This can be accomplished in Excel, Matlab, Python, etc. Must have familiarization with all.
- Debugging ROS Systems
- Experience Debugging ROS nodes written in Python and C++
The following are desired skill sets:
- Robotics Classwork/Applications
- Mathematics/physics of robot coordinate systems
- Trajectory Planning
- Robot Workspace optimization
- Motor dynamics
- Real world experience working with (industrial) robots
- Programming a robot using a vendor API (Application Programming Interface)
- Commanding and querying the robot controller from an external program on a computer)
- Assessing speed, repeatability
- Matching robot coordinate system to the rest of a larger machine’s coordinate system
- Robot safety protocols & error recovery
Grabit Inc. is revolutionizing manufacturing through automation solutions that combine innovative hardware, software and man-machine interfaces. Please send your resume to email@example.com.